Translate

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Chili Rellenos Casserole



Chili Rellenos Casserole

1 can Enchilada Sauce, Mild
2 small cans Green Chilies
2 cups Shredded Cheese
6 Crepes


Gather your ingredients.  I made my crepes a few weeks ago and froze them.  I will show you, soon, how to make crepes.  I know this is a little different approach to Chili Rellenos but it is my attempt to duplicate the dish as it was presented to me years ago by a Mexican cook in a little restaurant I used to visit.  I like the egginess of the crepes and they're a little lower in carbs than flour or corn tortillas.

Rinse and drain the chilies.  You can remove all the seeds, if you like.  I leave some in because I like how spicy they are.



Put a couple of tablespoons of sauce on a plate.


Place the crepe on the sauce and swirl it around to coat it....


then, flip it and swirl it some more.  This gets pretty messy, so keep a damp cloth close by to keep your fingertips clean....especially if you are trying to snap pictures while you work, ha, ha.


Open the chili and lay it on the crepe.


Sprinkle some cheese on it.  You could also use a slice of cheese, if you like.  I didn't have slices today.


Roll it up and.....


place it in your dish, seam side down....


and keep going until you fill the dish.


Pour the remaining echilada sauce over the top....


and sprinkle on the rest of the cheese.  You're all done.


Today, we're having these with Warm Bean Salad and lettuce greens.  Just heat the Rellenos until they are hot and bubbly at about 325 degrees F. for about 30 minutes.  We love these and hope you will enjoy them too.  If you don't want to make crepes (who does when its 90 degrees outside?), just use flour or corn tortillas.  






No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to Prairie Cottage Corner. Please come in and stay a while. We are here to help you with your love of quilting, quilt design and embroidery. We especially like Sunbonnet Sue and her friends.

You can see a complete list of our Sunbonnet Sue designs at
https://www.etsy.com/shop/PrairieCottageCorner

Happy Stitching! Prairie Stitcher