Translate

Saturday, May 6, 2017

Asparagus Galore!


I mumbled something about "plowing under the asparagus plot" earlier this spring, we not having had much from the 75 corms we planted a few years ago....thinking it had been a waste of time.

WRONG!

We checked last week and what do you think? Fifty....count'em....50 lovely stalks of the gorgeous  green spears. Oh how nice. So, we steamed them and ate them with some butter and salt and pepper.

Now, this week, we have more!



And we're going to have them wrapped in bacon. I mean, even if you hate asparagus, what's not to like about anything wrapped in bacon?

So I hunted around for a good, simple recipe and found it here, on Julie's "Lovely Little Kitchen" blog. I do love home-grown bloggers and Julie's site is really nice. Please visit and check it out...and get this recipe for salty, smoky, crispy goodness! 



I don't think my little patch will be enough for all I want to do with asparagus so we plan to buy a box for my other asparagus treat: pickled asparagus. It's to die for!

See you later!

6 comments:

  1. Tomorrow's the day for the bacon-wrapped goodness! I think we'll have it with Chicken Teriyaki....thanks, Marie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! We LOVE asparagus, but it's so expensive in Hawaii. 50 of them? Awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we picked 50 spears, twice this month, and another 20 today. The second batch I made into wrapped bacon spears; then, the next day sauteed some with garlic slices. Gosh, is the word! Love your hats! Kathie

      Delete
  3. Oh, yeah! Spring and asparagus! Lucky you with all the good stuff! We used to have the veggie where we lived and I miss it! Great pics! And have a great rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Pam. I wish you asparagus.....and hopefully you won't have to wait 4 years for a good crop! Have a good week, too. Kathie

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Prairie Cottage Corner. Please come in and stay a while. We are here to help you with your love of quilting, quilt design and embroidery. We especially like Sunbonnet Sue and her friends.

You can see a complete list of our Sunbonnet Sue designs at
https://www.etsy.com/shop/PrairieCottageCorner

Happy Stitching! Prairie Stitcher