Translate

Sunday, December 20, 2015

Layers of Flavors Latte'


I'm not a coffee drinker but I like the  smell of it. I've often thought of just buying some coffee beans, like they have at the perfume counter, and sniff them whenever I have a yen....er....yearning for the smell of coffee.  I tasted a mocha latte' one time that someone in our quilting crowd was having. It was very nice. It made me wonder. Could I find a way to have this, without the coffee? I guess so: ENTER PERO



See, that's the Pero in the back. It's made from BARLEY and other grains. Looks and tastes and smells like coffee but no caffeine. You can find Pero HERE. Also, see my Frother tool in the picture? You can get one of those (runs on 2 AA batteries) HERE.


I put 2 t. of Pero in my 16oz cup with 1 t. Cocoa Powder, 2 t. Stevia (or Sugar), a dash of Cinnamon to taste, and hot water to 1/2 of the cup.


Looking good. Now, froth it with a frother or a small whisk.


Fill to within 1" of the top of the cup with milk, cream, or egg nog. I'm using the nog. Add 1/2 t. Vanilla and 3 drops of Rum Flavoring.



Nuke it for 45 seconds to 1 minute (depending on cup size - you don't want it to boil)


Take it out and froth it again to mix everything up really nice and....yum.


Here's my cup of warm, sweet, comforting, latte' with the Hen Potholders my friend, Shari, gave me for Christmas (I couldn't wait, so I opened the package). Aren't they sweet?


Sprinkle with a dash of Nutmeg, and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to Prairie Cottage Corner. Please come in and stay a while. We are here to help you with your love of quilting, quilt design and embroidery. We especially like Sunbonnet Sue and her friends.

You can see a complete list of our Sunbonnet Sue designs at
https://www.etsy.com/shop/PrairieCottageCorner

Happy Stitching! Prairie Stitcher